June THEME: Travel
You did it!! You made it to summer! The kids are out of school and your family is on a ‘relaxed’ schedule. Since summer is a popular time to travel, I hope you and your family get an opportunity to go somewhere TOGETHER! Over the next few days I will post books and activities that you can use to build vocabulary, reading, and sight word fluency on your traveling adventures. There are many ways to travel… this week, help your child learn different modes of transportation!
These are great books to check out to reinforce TRAVEL vocabulary and ideas:
Over the next 3 days, I will post ONE printable, educational activity that you can download and use (FREE for 3 days, then you can find them on my TeachersPayTeachers store for purchase). Below is the first activity:
- Traveling is Fun! “I go by ___”
- Have your child follow the visual step-by-step directions to create and read the sight word book: 1-Color, 2-Cut, 3-Staple, 4-Read! (and REREAD!) Reinforce cutting on the thick dotted lines!
- “Dialogue & Draw!” This activity prompted the two children in the pictures to enthusastically talk about different modes of transportation they have used! What a great way to expand on their vocabulary while they colored!
- Make sure they don’t cut off the pointer paw prints or page numbers 🙂
- Practice reading the 3 sight words: I, go, by
- Point out the sight words in other books they read!
Thank you for visiting! I will continue with TRAVEL on my next post with 2 activities, so keep following MUSH MUSH and me!
***REMEMBER: above items FREE for next few days, then you can buy all 3 for just $2 here)